Welcome to Goulburn Valley Environment Group
The Goulburn Valley Environment Group is a not-for-profit community environment and conservation organisation based in the Goulburn Valley in northern Victoria.
GVEG was formed in 1990 by passionate local people who care about the very special environment of the Goulburn and Murray valleys.
Please explore some of our projects and campaigns from the past, checkout what we are doing right now, and fiind out what is in store for the future!
- SA Royal Comm Submission (214kb)
- GVEG Productivity Commission Submission (216kb)
- GVEG CEWH Submission (141kb)
- Regional Forest Agreements (127kb)
- GVEG Basin Plan SDLadjustment submission (124kb)
- MDBA Senate Inquiry submission (134kb)
Book launch & Joining the Dots photos
Book sale information:
For members - $25 - contact Iris email@example.com
Retail - $35 available from
- Collins Booksellers, Maude St, Shepparton
- Visitor Centre, Nixon St, Shepparton
- YWater Discovery Centre, Hood St, Yea
- Barmah Heritage Centre, Blake St, Nathalia
2017 Presidents Report
Rushworth Community House
The AGM followed a community Tree Planting in Rushworth event
Elected Office Bearers
John Laing, Louise Costa-Pelle, Doug Robinson, Melissa Stagg and Ian Christoe
Sharon Terry spoke on the Management of Feral horses in the Barmah National Park. Sharon has for almost a decade represented GVEG on various government committees addressing this issue spoke on the ongoing damage to the sensitive wetlands with-in the Park and the challenges convincing government to act. GVEG are expecting a decision from Minister D’Ambrosio to be made shortly, but as time elapses so does our confidence in the Victorian government willingness to address the issue.